Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Followup from when job interviews go wild....


So after going through the interview from hell.....I was offered the job. REALLY? After all that they asked me to come to work for them.

Finally a job where I was working around semi-intelligent people -

*Note: This is not to say that I think of myself as wildly more intelligent than the people around me just merely that it is wise that I avoid "The blind leading the blind" type situations.

- So I thought. The same woman that tried to bring up my website and had forgot to plug in the internet *giggle giggle* was also the same woman that seemed to let it escape her attention that I live 35 miles away from the job over a mountain that sometimes has really bad weather.

In the interview I said I live 17 miles from Cheyenne. She interrupted that as 17 miles from Laramie. (back to intelligent people) This woman has a doctoral degree in education....Explains a lot about the state of our education system.

I was let go today because when her boss (my big boss the one I haven't even met yet) had my paper work cross her desk she asked, "Why did we hire someone from Cheyenne when I specifically made a policy that no one from Cheyenne would be hired due to the bad attendance experience, because of road closures, we had with the last girl from Cheyenne?".  -insert the sounds of only cricket's in the distance -



So I am back on the trail of trying to find a job. Thank you University of Wyoming for totally screwing my summer. I am getting married in less than 7 weeks so getting a job right now seems a little pointless doesn't it. 

On the bright side, I can now go on a honey moon after I am married. Down side it won't be beyond our driveway because we can't afford it.



My luck has got to turn around soon or I will just apply for disability on the terms that I am obviously the crazy one around here!


No comments:

Post a Comment