Friday, January 6, 2012

The story of how I was shanked in Mexico part 1

Verb/shanked

1. prison slang for getting stabbed with a home made knife repeadedly and swiftly
(e.g) "you better gimmie dat cornbread son, or you finna get shanked!" said inmate dontrelle to his cellmate
About 12 years ago I was told by a half ass doctor that because I was having heart problems I should not have anymore children. This will ensure that I will not have any more heart trouble and will avoid any surgery. Great! I had my tubes tied. I didn't mind because I was single and had no prospects.
In 2004 I had full open heart surgery. Thanks for the advice doc. Therefore I had my tubes tied for nothing.

This past winter break I decided to have them untied. Naturally, because I can't do anything without adding adventure and danger, I choose to have this done in a border town in Mexico. The town I choose recently had 13 people massacred and the Mayor executed in town square. Why not?
We drove from Wyoming to McAllen, Texas and hitched a ride with "Armin" the shuttle driver. He picked us at the airport spoke little to no English and through hand gestures and grunting informed us that the door of the dilapidated mini-van was non-functional unless someone opens and closes it from the out side. There goes our escape route.
Armin pulled into a gas station and asked for $125 cash, this was $5 more than we originally agreed on. Oh well we were trapped at that point. Instead of filling up with gas he started kicking the tires and testing the tire pressure then filled the back tire up. In unison we said, "We are going to die". At a rate of 80 mph we headed into Mexico!













No comments:

Post a Comment