Thursday, January 26, 2012

Where do you measure your parts to see if you are fat? Yep...I googled that.

Aww another week in paradise! Thanks to my friend Sherry I have been inspired to document my impending weight loss regiment. I like my body, I am pretty happy with my size but with (hopefully) a pregnancy on the way I have decided to lose some weight. I hope a deficit can help me take a hit of a 40 lb weight gain if that's what it comes to.

I am starting at 148lbs. I am comfortably a size 10 with room but regularly fit my large ass into a size 8 just so I feel like I have only gained 3 lbs since I met Cyning. I have in fact gained 14 lbs and lost 4 so I am a whole 10 lbs heavier than the day he met me. Not good.

I went to a weight watchers meeting with a friend to see if that would be a good route of fat reduction for me. It is not going to work for 2 reasons:
Reason: 1) I have social anxiety which makes it virtually impossible for me to act normal in front of strangers (don't get me wrong this has it's benefits - I am the life of the party at any bar or kegger. I am unable to lower my voice for hours and I have a perpetual need to sing Karoke, even sober)
Reason: 2) I also have major issues with eating junk food to get healthy. I don't want to live on quadruple processed "Goo" you call a breakfast bar so I can feel like I am not missing out on junk food. Yuck!

I have started a journal to keep me motivated and on track.

I have decided to use a combonation of tools:
Sparkpeople.com to count calories
USDA food pyramid to remember what the hell I am supposed to be eating per day
shapefit.com to check BMI
My journal
Photos that inspire me
The Zone principles of 40-30-30
My camera and tripod to visually keep track of how things are going
e.g:



So here's the scoop:
10 weeks
20lbs
Weekly blog updates

Here we go...Come on success I can taste you!


1 comment:

  1. oooh....Yay! I love it when people challenge themselves. Especially when they mention me. Just kidding. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete